Friday, March 26, 2010

Quiche how I love the!

I'm a food network junkie! If I had it my way I would just live with all those fun cooks. This is probably why I am so fat, but who cares! I LOVE LOVE LOVE food!

Upon watching food network this afternoon, I decided that I no longer wanted the healthy chicken pot pie I make, (okay so it more like a stew with a pie crust on top, but boy is it delicious!) and decided that I wanted to make fried chicken, which I haven't had in at least a year. I saw a recipe that made the chicken so very very crunchy, which is my favorite way. Yeah I know its gross but I love just the coating, its very much my favorite! So I decided to make it, that is until Brad got home and told me no! He didn't even want to think of the mess we would have to clean up. Which made sense, I don't have a deep fryer and am not worried about getting one anytime soon, eventually maybe, when I have a kitchen the size of a bedroom, hahahahahahaha, its a nice dream!

Never the less I had to change my plan, and decided to make a quiche instead. One of my favorite meals growing up was spinach quiche, so thats what I made. IT WAS JUST AS GOOD AS I REMEMBERED, and I didn't have a recipe!

So here's how I did it!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

defrost and drain 10-16oz of frozen spinach, depending on how you like your quiche, I like mine with more veggies so I prefer 16oz
make sure that you squeeze as much of the water out as you can, you can put it in a clean dish towel and ring it out.

cut 6 pieces of bacon/salami/prosciutto into small pieces then cook and drain. ( if you are going to use more than one of these, then make sure to adjust your amounts)

in a large bowl mix the following
5 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
5 oz of goat or feta cheese which ever you prefer broken into small pieces
drained spinach
bacon

Stir together and mix thoroughly

In a 9 inch cake pan spray with pam and place 1 refrigerated pie crust. make sure that you fit the crust to the pan.

Pour all ingredients into the crust and sprinkle with cheese, 1/2 cup total
1/4 cup cheddar
1/4 parmesan


Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until golden brown and cooked through!

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Everyone should like this after all both my hubby and daughter had seconds!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens YUM!!! I will most definitely be trying this when I get the chance. Or, better yet, you can make it for me sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete