Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

Okay, so those of you that know me, know that I am the most ADD person in the world (said just like you would hear someone on those teeny bopper shows like iCarly's little friend Sam I think). So I apologize in advance for the lack of organization that is sure to follow!

I have just recently started to follow a few blogs and found them quite interesting, some full of information, some full of humor, and some just down right honest! I am hoping that I can let you all into my little world and the craziness that comes along with it! This should be fun.

A little about me and the world surrounding it! I am now a stay at home mom of two, Abby Kate is 4 and Tyler is 9 months, and for the most part I love my job! And yes it is a job as so many of you that do it know. I have been married to Brad for 5 years and cant imagine anyone else I would have wanted to spend the those years with. Brad is currently working full time with the TN Army National Guard. I am so proud of the work he does and his willingness to do it even though he does not like MANY of the aspects so that I can have the opportunity to stay home with our babies! He and I are also both members of the 129th Army Band in Nashville. This should warn you of both the random tantrums I throw about things that I do not like about the army and the funny things that come from some of our best friends in the unit! I (we) could not ask for a better military family!

I grew up in Lexington KY (which I miss dearly) where I stayed until I had gone to college for a few years. After deciding that I had wasted too much money and time on something I was not sure I wanted to do, I dropped out and went active duty Army. When Brad and I found out I was pregnant I decided to get out of active but continue my military career in the National Guard (the best decision I could have made). After Brad got out of active duty we moved to where he grew up in West TN so that he could go to school. I worked full time as general manager of a MaggieMoo's IceCream and Treatery until my son was born in April of 2009.

Like I mentioned first thing I am VERY ADD! So I was trying to decide what I wanted to accomplish with this blog, and I have yet to figure that out. I have asked my friends what they thought I should blog about and heard everything from cooking/baking, the kids and my life in general. So I warn you this is going to be a hodge podge of our life! I am sorry about my writing capabilities, I write like I talk with almost NO formal grammar training! Please just hang on you will get the point!

I am sure to mess this up several times until I figure this out. I just did actually and had to copy and paste to get to add to this. Im not exactly the sharpest crayon in the box. But once again I will get it! Im going to try to post at least every other day, so keep checking back with me to see what is going on in our neck of the world!


1 comment:

  1. Elise, I am super proud of you! You know that I'll follow you--and laugh with you along the way. Thanks so much for opening up to the blog world. I definitely think you'll have many, many wonderful things to share! :)

    ReplyDelete