Thursday, February 25, 2010

BROWNIES!!!!!!!!

Need I say more than BROWNIES!!!!!

No I think not,

So heres the deal! My Grandma, has always made my favorite brownies! They are mint. And not just any mint, ANDES mints! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So I was crazing and really getting excited about my dream of the cupcake truck and decided that I had a boxed brownie mix that I could just doctor and so I did. Although when I actually start my cupcake truck business, EVERYTHING will be made from scratch not a box.

They are amazing. Of course I like my brownies more chewy (I guess the technical term is fudgelike) than cake like. So adjust your recipe accordingly.

I used a box of Betty Crocker original supreme brownie

If you want to buy the cheaper brand thats fine, just add some chocolate syrup, about 1/4 cup!

I also always cook my brownies in a 13x9 pan. I like the fact that my eyes and my tummy have more to savor.

Follow the recipe on the back of the box, except add an additional 3 tbs of water, (this recipe has an extremely thick mix.) I also Added 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips! Just cause I'm a Choco-holic.

Hi my name is "Elise and I'm a choco-holic" oh but I also LOVE LOVE LOVE double stuff oreos! I mean I can eat the ENTIRE ( yes the entire) package in ONE sitting! Sssshhhhh lets keep that to ourselves!

Okay so back to matter at hand, brownies.

1 box brownie mix
2 eggs (for fudge like 3 for cake like)
1/3 cup of oil
1/4 +3tbs of water
3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
package of chocolate syrup, or 1/4 cup if not included.
1 bag chopped andes baking mints (trust me spring for it)


Mix all ingredients except mints and pour into a greased 13x9 pan, bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes.

After the brownies have come out of the oven sprinkle the mints over the entire pan of brownies allowing them to melt from their warmth.
After about two minutes you can use a spoon or knife and spread them out to make an even icing. Allow to cool until brownie is completely cool and mints have become solid again.

Cut and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. YUM.

    My mouth is watering. They sound so FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete