Friday, February 19, 2010

My dream!

So the older and older I get, I can't help but think about what I want to do when I get older. I do know for certain that I no longer want to teach. I love kids, don't get me wrong But patience is not my strong suit!

I keep thinking that maybe I want to be a health inspector for restaurants. Im that crazy person since working and managing MaggieMoo's that I am OBSESSED with health scores. I can't go into a new restaurant without checking the health inspection sheet and examining thoroughly! Then when we actually make it to our table I'm the skeptic about everything, and if the waiter/waitress doesn't do this or does do that, I know if its against the regulations! I would be the worst though, I would not b very forgiving, complete and thorough yes, nice and forgiving, not me!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake, I love cooking but there is something about baking that does it for me! It makes me happy, and helps me relax (except for the whole cleaning up part). Cooking does make me feel better too, but not like baking, of course I have kids so my culinary experiments are very limited. I'm sure that the more I get to experiment the more I will love creating little pieces of heaven for the whole meal/day as well.

Okay so my point, I really think that I want to open some sort of bistro/bakery/cafe. I want to be able to cook real food and have people enjoy it. Something small, nothing real big or fancy, just a small hole in the wall place that all the locals rave about!

Of course I want someone to do the work (cooking, cleaning, etc. ) I just want to be there to oversee, experiment to have a great deal of variety, work where no one else wants to. I want to fill in the holes when someone is sick, or unable to work. I want to do all the crappy paperwork and behind the scenes stuff, as well as making sure that everything is clean. I want to make sure that customer service is f utmost important to every person working. I want to work with people that I love and that will cherish this business as much as I do. This place will be the place that people bring their families to have a fun light hearted meal or desert. I want to be able to make someone's day with the lovely deserts that we come up with and make from scratch, with love! I want the customers to know that they are important and to want to come back over and over again!


1 comment:

  1. Me me me! Pick me to cook! I'll cook! We can get someone else to clean though :)

    ReplyDelete