Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A few things that make me all warm and fuzzy

So on days like today when its cold cloudy with a layer of snow I want something really special! Okay lets be realistic, I want something special everyday! Something that I can eat all by myself, that the kids don't try to eat off my plate.

Today is in my terms NASTY! It is 30 degrees outside and windy! And although Tyler is standing at the foot of the couch laughing hysterically at Abby for pretending like she is sleeping, I just want something yummy of MY own! NO SHARING, NO ONE MAKING FACES because they don't like what I want to eat. No timeouts from a four year old not eating what we have fixed, I mean I fixed! After all that is my job, to cook and clean, and yada yada yada.

Today, I wanted to start the day off with a nice big cup of hot chocolate and a frittata, with maybe mushrooms, spinach and goat cheese! That sounds so amazing, artichoke hearts would have been good too. To make it better, in my nice warm bed, with no kids screaming or crying from the other room. I dream of the day when my ears don't ring with every sound a child makes, but that is another story. Although breakfast was good, we had from a box blueberry muffins accompanied with a diet coke!

For lunch I would have loved some homemade tomato soup. Yes from scratch, I can't stand that condensed canned crap. I think I would like some warm fresh cheddar cheese crackers, which I really need to learn to make! I'm not sure how that would work, but I think that with the lack of time I have I should do some research and start baking maybe I wouldn't be so anxious.

What I actually had, left over roast beast sandwich with provolone cheese and red potato salad with dill! pre-made from wal-mart. Not even fresh. But I can't make it fresh, this is one of those foods that my hubs turns his nose up and makes every face in the world to. My daughter all the sudden decides she doesn't like said item as well.

For an afternoon snack my sweet tooth would have made it to heaven! I want some warm from scratch (maybe the Alton Brown recipe that I got of JoytheBaker.com) chocolate chip cookies. But I want it as a sandwich with TONS okay I really want just the filling, but tons of the filling like you would find in an oreo. But oh wait I have been craving a lemon filling so maybe some sugar cookies with lemon filling too! No big deal who cares about weight and this is my dream anyway right so why can't I have both? I can! Both it is!

Actual afternoon snack handful, of semisweet chocolate morsels, I was really craving and that is all I could find. It didn't even help the craving.

For dinner I want to go to the cheesecake factory with Amy. I need a big glass of wine, to go with my Pasta Carbonara. Most importantly, I want the bacon with the garlic parmesan cream sauce. I think I would like a spinach salad, with goat cheese as well. Im not sure at the moment whether I want the chicken or not. I know I want the savory though! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. To finish off the meal, I would eat my absolute favorite dutch apple cheesecake with caramel sauce. Alot of caramel sauce. Which in general, I don't like cheesecake or caramel. I have to be in the mood, I mean really in the mood for them both, unless I am at the cheesecake factory!


Actually I just want to go to the movies, and out to dinner with the girls. It is long overdue! I want some mommy alone time.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I am now very, very hungry.

    2. LET'S GO TO THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!!!! You + Me + Cheesecake Factory= makes my year

    3. Remember that time you made carbonara? It was super good. You are SUCH a great cook!

    4. This post really, really makes me miss you all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elise!

    I'm enjoying your blog! I just wanted to let you in on a blog I had come across that I thought you might like for recipes...don't know if you've seen it before: http://realmomkitchen.com

    It looks like its got some great recipes...and from this post, I'd say you would appreciate the recipes more than most! Keep writing, I'm enjoying reading what's going on in your world! Glad to see you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete