Saturday, February 6, 2010

The two sides of a 4 year old!


So I think that my daughter who turned 4 on Nomember 16th, can be the sweetest child in the world. For the most part she is very well mannered and is extremely thoughtful!


We were all in the van driving to gymnastics (formerly know as banastics, because everything had a b in it esp Hannah Batanna and banastics.) Abby as usual can't get the diarrhea to stop! I mean talked non-stop the 20 minutes it took us to get there, I don't even think she took a breath! Mommy why is this this way and that that way? Mom did you know blah blah blah. Daddy what are we going to do fun today, I want to do this, I want to do that!

So when we got to the light to turn in to the gym, she looks up at us and says " mommy and daddy I hope you have a lucky day" how sweet can a little girl be! I mean, sometimes she is just so sweet that my heart just melts. Like the last time Brad made dinner he cooked chicken, but it was a little overdone, not by any means inedible just a little more rubbery than most people like. Brad said that she didn't have to eat it because it was dry and she looked at him for a moment then put her sweet little hand on his knee, looked up at him as lovingly as a 4 year old can and said "awww dad, its okay, I still love you!"


But then there is the alter ego, that has just recently taken up residence in her little body, and the 17 year old that lives in there appears daily. I mean, eyes rolling, finger in the air waving like the wind is going to take her whole hand off. Then proceeding to tell me that I am NOT allowed to talk, and to "zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket" (which I have yet to figure out who says this, but pisses me off to no end!) as meanly as she possibly can! I mean come on she is 4 for goodness sake. The attitude that comes from that sweet little girl body is just so unreal!
The fits that are thrown are unreal as well. She screams and swings and punches, and lays on the floor then screams in time out. And I am sorry but I do NOT tolerate that behavior at all! And I will not! She knows better!

My Little Shirley Temple, herself!


No comments:

Post a Comment