Tuesday, September 14, 2010

things that I am going to work on

I realize that it has been almost 3 months since I have posted anything here. It like usual has been a little crazy around here. I've had a lot of trouble doing much of anything with my foot, much less trying to get something coherent written. So I am going to try to get something no matter how silly, irrelevant, worthless, put up every day. I know I said this last time I posted, but I think since the kids go down for a nap everyday at the same time, I should be able to take just a few minutes to let you all know what is going on in our life that day.

First things first, I have to tell you how incredibly proud of my hubby I am! He has gotten a new job that is going to be so much better for us all the way around! He will be working full time with the 129th Army band in Nashville TN as the supply sergeant. This means that we will be moving to Nashville in November. We have been trying to move there for almost 3 years and can not be more excited. We are all very excited about the opportunities that will be opening up for us there. Brad is going to be much happier (and me) as he is not going to have to work 7 days a week. He will be able to take vacations, and have holidays and days when federal offices are off off. I think the thing he is most excited about is that he is going to be able to play more in the nashville area. He as we know is one of those sick people that can play anything. He is a vocalist/guitarist/saxophonist. He has already been told about people that want him to come play and we are not even there yet. He has missed playing more than anything. Since he will be working with the band he will be able to practice on a daily basis, and not have myself and kids yelling at him when we need things. This is Brads biggest dream, playing, he could never be more happy than when he is playing music!

Next on the list, my foot, I broke it July 15th and as of yesterday it is just now starting to heal. The good news is that I am finally able to put light weight on it. I am extremely hopeful that I am going to be able to get back to a normal routine and help my husband get stuff done around the house. Brad has been doing almost everything for the last 3 months. I am truly lucky that I have such a great hubby and he has done so much.

Other things on the list to work on is getting on a better schedule so that I have extra time. I need to find a schedule that will work with possibly homeschooling Abby completely on my own for a while, because of the move. Organization, of everything. Although most of our stuff is organized it is not always the most functional because of how it is organized. We have a very cute house, but not necessarily the best lay out for our particular family and it makes it hard to make everything functional. We will also be going through EVERYTHING we own to see if we actually use it on a normal basis or if we can donate it to goodwill. I would love to be able to have a yard sale but do not have the time or effort to put toward it, it is a huge amount of work. Finding a new church home in a new city. I'm very nervous about this one, we have finally found a community that we feel comfortable in here. I have a bible study with ladies and other mothers that I absolutely love. I know I will be able to find a new one, but it just makes me nervous!

With the whole move the only thing that I am worried about is finding new groups of friends for myself and Abby that I feel comfortable with. I'm not worried about finances (we will make it work, we can live without lots of things that we have and be perfectly happy), I'm not worried about the actual move, I know that this is the best thing we can do for our family and that it will all be ok. I am worried about the social part of it. Although I am a very social person, when meeting new people, I am a very shy and uncomfortable person. I'm glad that I do know a lot of people in the Nashville area, but just not knowing that I am going to have to get to know new people is a bit unsettling. But once again it will be okay! All I can do is pray for strength and confidence.

I am hopeful for a smooth transition for us all. I know deep down that everything is going to be okay and be better for us in the long run. We are going to be okay. WE will all be together and have a better family outlook. We are going to be fine! As long as we are happy and healthy that is all that we need!

I'm sorry this is random and probably incomplete. But thank you for sticking with me!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! And yes, scary. But new cities are fun and there will be so many more things for you and the kids to do and become involved with. I'm praying and thinking about ya'll always, but I will be extra diligent these next few months. Love and miss you!
    Muah,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete