Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The sweet things that kids say

Abby Kate is 4 going on 25, I think it is a girl thing but I'm not sure. Most of the time she and I butt heads like crazy, and she will admit to you that she "listens to daddy better than mommy!"

Most of the time she is too rough for me, and not to mention TOO loud, but I still love her, and when I can get her to sit still long enough to snuggle I try to take every opportunity to do so. That is unless Brad is here, she is very much of a daddy's girl.

The whole point of this post is how much she is learning and her cute little brain and the way it works. Abby started a new school this fall that we are all absolutely in love with! I am actually very upset that she will not be able to continue here esp. since they are trying to get the certifications to be a homeschooling umbrella school.

She is so interested in the teachings that she is learning from the bible. They have weekly bible verses that they have to memorize and she spouts them all off randomly. But that is not the coolest part.

She was learning about the story of Noah's Ark and she just loves it!

She will explain to you that God choose two of each animal to go on the ark. She understands that these were the only creatures to survive the great flood. But then there are those silly unicorns, and she has it all figured out! When she came home to tell me the story, she asked me what I thought about why there are no more unicorns, before telling me the story. Of course, I was not exactly sure how to answer this, and I just told her that they were imaginary animals. The response I got has made me chuckle every time I think about it.

Her response, was that Noah tried to get them on the ark, but they were not doing what they were supposed to be doing and goofing off so the missed it. Of course this is pretty good thinking for a 4 yr old, and I asked her where she got that and she said that Mrs. Missy at school had told her that she was not sure, so Abby came up with how they didn't make it on the ark. (I'm assuming they were learning the letter U this week, as they started off with all the "bowels") Since this conversation, when she is not listening and misses something, this is what we talk about, how the unicorns were not doing what they were supposed to be doing.

Then Abby has really been concerned (for lack of a better word) about how babies grow in the mommies tummy and how they are born. She understands that she and her brother were both cut out of my belly and that that is not the normal way babies are born. They are either "pushed out or breathed out" which again makes me laugh.

The very first week of school they talked about how God made all things in 6 days and rested on the 7th "and when he saw what he made, he said and it is good." They talked about this process for a week or so and so it all made since to her. Now granted, the bible never specifies how long a day was, (which always threw me for a loop as well as a kid) and she has very little awarness of concept of time. She understands that there are so many days in a week and the new day starts when you get up in the morning, but other than that little bit, it is all irrelavent to her.

While at her nanny's this past weekend, she and nanny were talking about babies and why it takes them so long till they are born. Nanny tried to explain to her that God wants to spend all that time on them because he wants them to be perfect, and it takes a while for them to grow to that. Abby just doesn't understand this, because "but God made the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th and it was perfect, so why can't he make a baby in 6 days?"

I know every person says that kids say the cutest things, but sometimes, I truely wish I could record things whenever I needed, like carring around a tape recorder in my back pocket.

This is just one of the wonderful reasons I truly enjoy being a mommy!

I love my ABBY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment