Thursday, September 16, 2010

The process of moving.

We all know that moving is stressful no matter what! Luckily ours is not quite as bad as normal. We do not have to go through the process of actually packing boxes and trucks. Another great thing about the army.

The stressful part for us is the actual finding a tempory place to live while we wait for our house sells. Our issue is that Brad and I think completely differently. He is looking for the cheapest place in a good neighbor hood which is great, but more than likely means we will end up in an apartment. Now dont get me wrong apartment offer a lot of good features, not having to fix things or pay for those fixes, no lawn care, most have pools and/or playgrounds. But more than likely any apartment that will work for us will not be on the bottom floor, which means me and my gimp butt is going to have to lug a 28lb child up and down stairs anytime we leave, in snow, rain and heat. And my biggest issue, when bringing in groceries I would have to climb stairs mulitple times, and most importantly, leave young children in a building that I may/maynot be able to see. As well as them being unsupervised, which I can tell you is NEVER a good idea.
If we felt comfortable enough to rent our house that would take a olot of the problems away, we would have a bigger budget to spend on housing, but there are too many uncertainties that we can't afford with renting. I would love to take the quick way out of this payment, but what happens a year down the road when the tennant decides thay don't want to live/rent here anymore. Then we will be stuck back with two mortgages and be hurting even more than we will be selling. What about repairs as well. We would be responsible for those as well. Granted Nashville is only 2 hours away so we could get here to fix things, and we have lots of very handy family here. But they are not responsible for fixing everything that breaks, and I WILL NOT rely on them to do so. That is just abusing them and their abilities. For this reason we think it will just be easier in the long run to just sell the house, and not have to worry about it. We realize this could take a while, but if we can make it work then we are going to be golden.
Idealy we would be in a house, and this maybe completely possible! But we are going to have to do a lot of looking. I also have no problem being in a townhome, that I would have a designated parking spot, and not have to climb stairs to get in the house. That way I could atleast keep a close eye on the front door of the house and leave it open and hear the fighting mongrels! We would also have a little bit of a back yard so that the kids could play, and be somewhat restrained. We also want to be fairly close to Brads office so that we are not spending even more money on gasoline getting two and from work. Now I know this is being picky and "snooty", but I honestly have the best interests of our kids at hand (and my sanity). I just want us all to be happy, and as I have said before, the first part maybe hard, but the long picture is going to be well worth it. The opportunities far out weigh the negative for our family, and it is only temporary. We can do anything temporarily! As long as we are all together and healthy, we will be great!
I appreciate your thoughts, prayers and support! We could not do this successfully with out them! Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment