Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Programs I recommend

There are several programs that I am starting to use that save me money! Most of these I have just started using, but they dont cost me anything, so I'm not loosing anything, only saving. I recommend you do some research and see what else can help you.

The first progam I'm going to mention is loyalty cards. These can come in very handy for lots of reasons, even if you don't shop at the certain store alot you need to have one. These cards allow you get get sale pricing on products you buy there. Each store has their own policies and benefits to their card, but it is definately worth looking into. Loyalty cards are also able to do so much more these days, Kroger allows you to go to their website and upload coupons on to your card so there is no need to take paper coupons, they are automatically deducted. The kroger card also gives you a discount on gasoline ( I think it is $.03 per gallon if you dont reach a monthly minimum, and I think once you spend $100 you get $.10 off per gallon for a certain amount of gallons. I don't shop much at Kroger so I'm not really sure about all the fine print) I do use the $.03 off per gallon quite often though, and in my area Kroger seems to be one of the lower prices of gas even before the card discount. I personally have a kroger, cvs, sallys beauty, panera, publix (upromise), and one of the toy stores I shop at on my key ring.

The second and probably most important is UPromise. U promise is something that does not cost you a penny, but will save money for your kids college based on what you already purchase. You can choose the amount that you want put into this (hook your credit card, or just your loyalty cards) with the companies that participate in this program. Anyway the loyalty cards you hook to upromise gives a certain percent of qualified everyday purchases to the fund. Really it takes like 5 minutes to set it up, you can invite your family and friends to help you as well. You and they can dictate what percent goes to who, works well for those with more than one child/grandchild! Check it out. It is run through SallieMae which is a very reputable financial institute that gives out school loans. There are all sorts of options, spend some time and do your research!

The last one is Amazon.coms Mom Club! I have only used this once but It has already saved me so much I'm mad I didn't try it earlier! This program gives you 15% off of TONS of baby and other products. For items that you use alot you can sign up for subscribe and save and recieve another 15% off. This program gives you the option to have products delivered to you as you need them. For example, we usually go through 2 boxes of diapers a month. At target and walmart we pay $29.99 for a size 5 116 count box every two weeks give or take this equals out to be about $.26per diaper. With Both the discounts (it also has free two day delivery) and delivery, we ordered 2 boxes of size 5 156 count boxes for $56.21 which equals out to be $.18 per diaper, and I don't have to worry about going to the store to buy them. They will ship every month, I can make the changes I need if he changes sizes, frequency of delivery or cancel at any time with no fee. I will get an email reminder that they order is going to happen. This is a HUGE benefit to us! All you are required to do is have (setup) an amazon.com account.

I hope that these will help you all, I personally wish I had known about them when Abby was smaller, but better late than never right?

And as always, I am just relaying the information as I see it, make sure that you read everything first and understand what you are reading, as I could be misled. I want you all to have helpful and accurate information! Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment