Saturday, October 16, 2010

What to post

Today I have no idea what to post about! No stinking clue, whether to talk about the kids, hubby, life, what I am officially just here today!

UMMMMMMM.....hmmmmmm... I guess I will talk about my new thing I'm trying to get into, coupons and using them. Yeah I know right, we just moved to nashville, and the only thing new I have done, is starting to collect coupons? Something is wrong with this picture, I should be out meeting people, doing something fun, but no my new thing, coupons. Whatever I guess, it sort of gives me something to think about.

When we lived in Milan our options for shopping were quite limited, walmart and a sort of very ghetto grocery store. So we went to walmart, it was great we could get everything we needed in one store plus more. Which was the problem, the plus more. Now that we are living in Nashville, our shopping options have drastically increased. They have walmart store that is just groceries, its called the fresh market, great right cheap, stuff none of the extra don't needs. Life should be perfect, yeah, it kind of sucks, I'm big on customer service and anyone that really knows me can tell you that is what will make my mind about where I go, not the price or ease, the CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! I take this VERY seriously! But anyway, walmart sucked! Absolutely horrible, yes it had almost everything we needed, but when we couldn't find anything, sorry can't help you, and not so much as a word from the girl at the register, what was she too worried about, take a guess, what is my pet peeve? Oh yes you guessed it, her dang cell phone! YOU ARE AT WORK, HELP SOMEONE! so needless to say, we are NOT going there.

Across the street from that dreaded store, a publix, a HUGE publix, with AMAZING OUTSTANDING service. Downfall, for the most part more expensive, this is taking me some getting used to. See budgeting for the old store and the new store are completely different! I spend quite a bit more money at the publix, but the service, quality, and amount of items carried is well worth it. So I have started trying to get into this whole couponing thing, which is very odd. Some people save 50-75 % each trip, which is blowing my mind, how do you get all the things you need when you have to buy 2 of something to get $.55 off, that you would normally never use two of, isn't that just wasting it, isn't it better to just buy that one item. Now I completely understand, if it has a shelf life or can be frozen, but not everything is this way! I am completely blown away by how people do this. I am at a loss for words, dumbfounded. Last time I went, I had clipped coupons, infact $53.00 worth and used them, not all the items I would usually but, but would eventually eat or the kids liked, and I still spent over $200 for two weeks of groceries! I want this knowledge, I want to be able to go to the grocery store and not spend a life savings on the things I need or want. I want my kids to eat healthier for less, which is a completely different story that I am not going into today.

I guess what I am asking is to PLEASE send all your advice and knowledge my way, I could use it! And explain all those silly codes to me as well! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment