Sunday, October 17, 2010

Family time

We all know that family time is important, and we try to take every minute we possibly can together.

The history of the situation, I worked at MaggieMoo's for almost 4 years. I absolutely loved my job and the people I worked for and with! Brad was working in a factory, making minimum wage with maybe 25-30 hours a week. This was a very difficult time for us. I knew that I would not be able to work after Tyler was born, we would not be able to afford child care for both children. I mean really not be able to afford it. We were just making ends meet as it was. I was picking up all the extra shifts I could and not spending a lot of quality time with family! I loved my job, and at times to this day I miss it alot, but know that I am in the place that I need to be!

I officially left MaggieMoo's about two weeks before Tyler was born, although the entire pregnancy was pretty catch me if you can at work. I was just too darn sick to function, even with meds. About the same time we got the best news that we could have gotten at that time. Brad was being picked up for Military Funeral Honors full time. Financially this was great for us, becuase with taking Abby out of day care and the insurance we would no longer have to pay, we were able to almost make up our old income, which was an awesome feeling. That we would able to make ends meet and not completely stress was a huge relief.

Obviously this was very exciting, we had returned to GREAT insurance, which was and continues to be a huge relief. There was a huge downside to this though. Brad was working 10 hour days 7 days a week, so there was not very much family time. We were all stressed because we wanted him home, the kids were missing his rough housing and aggrivation. I was missing the support that he gives and the little bit of a break he would give me. I felt like a single parent and I hated it. By the time he would actually get home he would be so tired that all he would want to do is read and relax. I just wanted some time to myself.

Since we have moved here to Nashville, everything has changed. Brad has had off a federal holiday, several weekends, and is home most nights. He is able to play with the kids much more. Not too mention how much happier he is in general. I THINK, notice I said think, that he feels like he has a purpose and gets to something that he feels good about. Not to mention he gets to practice more than he did.

We are all so much happier and we just got here. We get to do things as a family and are not too tired to just sludge through it just for the kids. Our lives are so much more fullfilled all the way around! I am so thankful for this opportunity! It has been perfect for us, no if someone would just buy our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment