Sunday, November 28, 2010

I found an awesome deal!

I found an AMAZING deal today at my publix today!

But just so you know, whatever you do, DO NOT take pictures of the isle signs! I did this today so that I could get my coupon binder in order of the store to make more efficient and I got told that I was NOT ALLOWED to take pictures, this occured in isle 5 of 13. So as you can imagine my next 8 isles were written out and kind of combobulated.

But anywho, the point! My mom bought me an oral b power toothbrush for xmas from target, it was marked down from $70 some odd bucks to 34.99, and then I had a $10/1 coupon from the p&g insert to make it 24.99, which I though was a pretty good deal. Just the brush and no replacement "head" brush thing.

So Brad decided that he wanted one, so when I was going to the store today, I was looking at all the booklets that publix has and noticed that they had $10/1 oral b coupon for the toothbrush and then I had another from p&g coupon from todays paper for $10/1, so i dedcided that I would look. thinking that it would be way more expensive, boy was i wrong!


Publix (in my nashville store) had an oral-b vitality power toothbrush for 26.99. (now I am still learning, but my store will allow you to stack a store coupon (which has an LU # usually on the bottom) and a manufactures coupon (which says manufactures coupon on top), I checked with the cashier before she wrung them up and was told that I should be able to do them both and the computer would beep if it was not allowed, which it obviously did not)

so
toothbrush 26.99
store coupon -10.00
manufacture coupon -10.00
_____
total price 6.99 before tax

what an awesome deal!

Now this being said, should I find out from a reader that we (cashier and myself) made a mistake with this I will be returning to the store to fix my error!

As I am still very much learning, and still somewhat overwhelmed, please make sure that you check with your store to see what their rules and regulations are! I have not been able to find them other than what the staff has verbally told me and from what I can tell all stores are different!




1 comment:

  1. In my experience, they will tell you to keep it and thank you for being honest. I wish there was a way to correct our errors when we underpay, but the only way I knew how to do it last time was to purchase things and withhold an equivalent $ amount of coupons from the order. It eased my conscience even though the store was willing to let it go. This might not work since I bought the same items again (I had previously bought 4 items and handed over 4 BOGO Qs instead of 2, so I just bought 4 more at full price.) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete