Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Couponing first post in the series

I need to come up with a good name for this series, any ideas?

As I promised WEEKS ago, I am now starting my series of posts on couponing. I have been doing a TON of research and compiling of information to make sure that I relay all the correct information. This being said I am still learning myself! I am finding and learning new things every time I turn around! I have several websites/blogs that I refer to daily! (All of which I will be including in these posts. Just not exactly how each post will pan out exactly, I'm winging it). Please make sure that you check with all the stores around your area for their policies. You should be able to find these on their websites or by just going to the service desk and talking to a manager.


There are several things you should know about couponing to be successful.

  1. You WILL feel overwhelmed at first, it is okay, I still do today and I have had great success in just over a month.

  2. You will have to put sometime and effort into collecting coupons/finding the deals each week. I spend about an hour every day or so.

  3. Do NOT try to get every deal.... ever (no matter how good you get at this), this will make it impossible for you to be successful! (and then I would be worried about hoarding and wasting money on things you won't use)

  4. If you are doing this correctly you should be that crazy person at the register with ATLEAST 30 coupons.

  5. Be proud of yourself, not embarrassed and ashamed. I have found the last two times, people are more curious about how I save so much than having to wait in line while the cashier is scanning all my coupons. Be polite, patient, and open with your experiences and savings and you will find that people are more entertained than bothered.

  6. Do NOT try to start with both the grocery store and drugstores at the same time. Pick your most used grocery and start there, I would recommend using just that for about 6 weeks, so that you have it down pat, before throwing in 1 drugstore.

  7. Most importantly be prepared to make mistakes! Understand that this is not an easy task and you have to figure out what works best for you.

  8. Most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!!!!



I'm hoping that friday I will be able to make a coherent (I'm having foot surgery thursday) post about either why you should coupon and/or how coupons work. Please let me know if there is something specific you want to know, so that I can research and find the best place to put it in this series!


Happy couponing (and learning)!

No comments:

Post a Comment