Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday, oh yesterday! Started off rough! I had physical therapy bright and early in the morning, I mean like 8 am! So I got up got in the shower, shaved my legs, and proceeded to cut this huge hole in the back of my leg. Let me also state that I need a new blade, yeah I know I'm BRILLIANT! After getting myself ready, I had to help Brad get the kiddos ready since Abby had school and after therapy I was going to take Tyler to his 12 month well baby so he can get shots next week!

Tyler's appt. went well, he is a big boy, 25.6 lbs, and 32.5" long, which is a BIG boy for his age. But other than that, he is right on track or a little a head for his ripe ole age of 1! He and his little "Buddha" belly are so dang cute, I just want to eat it up all the dang time!


So after his appt. we took a prescription that we always have to the pharmacy and 2 things happen, 1 our insurance denies it, (because as usual when Brad gets new orders, for some reason they don't seem to get submitted, until we call and complain and then it is fixed that day and everything is still covered, but its kind of a pain in the butt to have to keep calling after being told we have no insurance to get it fixed.) and 2. the prescription was not filled out correctly, so I had to turn around and drive the 25 minutes each way to go get a new prescription. (Everything is kosher now and we have everything we need, and taken care of, my hubby he is just that darn good!)

While at filling said prescriptions, we went out to the truck to go home and eat dinner, and I opened the trunk so that I could put the few groceries that I had in there, and I turned around to grab bags out of the cart and the tailgate fell on my FACE, oh yes my face! Nothing serious, but I do have a swollen eyebrow bone, and was lucky that I had sunglasses on! Yes those broken sunglasses, that Tyler has taken upon himself to fix, or aid in my achieving a new pair either way you would like to look at it, they kept that tailgate out of my eyeball! It did water for quite a while but that is okay, its not black and blue thank goodness!

So after yesterday I was more than ready for bed, with a headache and swollen eye, and cranky kids. Oh yeah Abby forgot about being a big girl yesterday and decided that she was not going to follow instructions (a new common occurrence) and get sent to the "trunchables office!" (she loves matilda and no matter how much we tell her it is principals office she says that she got sent to the trunchables office! Its kind of hard to be upset with her when she puts it that way, but she did get in trouble and a stern talking to about how we are supposed to behave!

Any who at bed time, I just couldn't thank it enough for arriving! And then Brad goes and gets an ear infection and is up ALL night! I mean I feel bad for him but the time he is laying in bed he is moaning and keeping both myself and Tyler awake, who at this point thinks it is time to play! After an hour Tyler finally fell asleep upside down, feet in my face and head using my leg as a pillow! Let me tell you how very comfortable this is! NOT!!!! But he is asleep, and then at 3:30 Brad decides that he is going to take himself to the ER because he can't stand it, sorry Brad but honestly at 3:30 in the morning, I was ready to go back to sleep and not really able nor willing to take care of you! But he went and came back an hour later with meds and a pretty close to exploding ear drum! But I finally made it to sleep about 5-530 am since of course he had to tell me about the visit. Upon getting up this morning about 740, Brad told me he now understands why the kiddos are up screaming all night when they have an ear infection, and I just laughed and (of course in the most smart-alecky way I can, muster) "you think?"

But thats okay, Brad made me (okay Abby pop-tarts which she didn't finish) cinnamon pop-tarts, my fave and even better HOT CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! Then proceeded to kick me out of the house to go pay a bill and run some other errands!

Atleast he worked with Abby on her letters while reading the news! Thats just how we roll!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad that you are ok! A tailgate falling on your face is not something I want to experience in the near future. I hope Brad feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I never asked my wonderful wife to get up and take care of me. But I know you would have done so, if I really needed you to do so. Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete