Sunday, April 25, 2010

I am Terrified of

Storms! Oh my goodness, I am so scared of storms! I know that it is the wind, but the thought os wind scares me to death! This past Saturday we had HORRID storms! I'm talking about tornados (not here but I will explain) and yes here at my house 74 mph winds! I was ready to have a panic attack! Thank goodness the Gospodareks were here! Yes they love storms, I mean like would be standing at the door watching a tornado, okay maybe not that daring, but would love to see one in the distance!

Brad and our Army buddy Glenn were driving back from Hattiesburg MS yesterday, right through the middle of where all the warnings were. (anxiety attack #1 just from the thought of them having to drive through the bad weather) Brad sends me a text message, stopping for tornado will call soon. Immediately I start to get even more worried, and of course we had just gotten back in the car to make the 3 minute drive home, when I look over toward our house and it is BLACK! We make it home literally in time to get the kids in the house and close the door before a torrential down pour begins. After about 10 minutes of heavy heavy rain, the wind starts. The wind was so bad the rain was sideways, and looking outside literally looked like you were sitting in an automatic car wash. At that point I was ready to freak out, i'm talking about a panic attack was starting to come on. Poor Katie just laughed at me and said its just wind. Thats the point that I thought my house was going to blow away, at the least all the windows were breaking! Luckily it only lasted about 20 minutes but that was way too long for me! After the storm was over, we found out that the wind was over 74 mph from the weather station, and several tornado warnings were being issued in the surrounding counties.

The sun came out, and all was done or so I thought! I called Brad back to check on them and make sure they were okay. He then told me that they had been sandwiched between two tornados and out run one. While talking to him to see where he was I could here the sirens going off over the phone where they had just issued a warning in Selmer, but once again they were going to outrun the storm!

45 minutes later I was meeting my very very missed Husband at the gas station in the clearest sky I have seen in quite a while! I mean not a cloud anywhere and the beautiful sunshine shining down! Poor Glenn however had to drive following the storm for another 2.5 hours before making it home! I made him (because of the worry wart that I am) call us as soon as he got home. He told Brad that the last leg of the trip was the worst part of the drive the whole day.

I'm so very happy and thankful that both Brad and Glenn made it home safely! Brad and Abby are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie and Tyler is walking back and forth trying to play with Brad and myself!

Life could not get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment