Friday, April 23, 2010

Hodge-podge!

So we all know how UNBELIEVABLY crazy I am! These last two weeks have really tested my faith/sanity/patience/ability/ well to be honest, down right everything about me! So I haven't said anything about it but Brad was gone the last two weeks for WLC (warrior leaders course) for the Army. Not like to Nashville, but Hattiesburg Mississippi hours and hours and hours away, okay maybe only 7 hours but still that doesn't make it any easier. I have been able to talk to him several times a day, but that does NOT make anything easier, it may actually make it more difficult, I haven't decided yet.

So I love my daughter very very very much and would do anything for her, however she has driven me absolutely crazy! She is just I guess being a four year old. She will admit to you that "she listens to daddy better than mommy" in a very matter of fact voice. Needless to say she and I have been butting heads for the last two weeks. In a way I think okay maybe she just has ADD or ADHA, it runs in our family, both my brother and I were diagnosed as children, I still have issues with it at times. Its like things don't connect in her little brain. She can tell you what I have told her to do or not to do, but somewhere between doing what she is not supposed to do, and my telling her not to do said action beforehand does not connect. She has also taken to going to another room or place that I can not see her to do what she has previously been told not to do. We have spent lots and LOTS of time in timeout and getting spankings. Yes I am a firm believer in spankings when needed!

I think the thing that bugs me most is not that she is not listening but, when she gets caught and I tell her to go to timeout after her alloted warnings, is the fit thrown about being told to go to timeout! Not even when she is in timeout. It happens at the "Abby, I have asked you not to do that and have given you warnings, go to timeout." Thats where the fit occurs. I can't stand the jumping up and down screaming! Not at all! And most importantly it is not acceptable and that is the action being punished! I'm so very tired of screaming and jumping that at one point I had to send her to her nannies so that we could each have a break form each other!

So after going to Nannies she came home in a better mood, for about a day and then it started all over again. Patience has been tried A LOT!!!!!! But I made it, Brad comes home tomorrow!

So last week, my dear sweet brother in law came and mowed the lawn for me! I felt so bad about it, it was tall! I had mowed the front and side, but Brad had raised deck so that it would not clog up every other minute. Lets just say it was really long by the time he got here. The back yard oh my! I have a dachshund that you could not see, it was so tall! We have a little over a 2 acre lot, we only mow about 1 acre of it, but that is a lot. Usually we use a riding mower to mow, but we have to tweak it every year to get it to start! Poor mower has been ready to die for years. We were unable to tweak the mower before Brad left so I push mowed the front and side, maybe 1/3 of an acre, that maybe pushing it. Took me maybe an hour and I am GIMP! Anyway, last week I was ready to have an anxiety attack about my yard, it looked horrible!

Toby came over and mowed the lawn for us. He spent probably an hour and a half fixing the riding mower before he used it, but he did get it started and mowed the front lawn with it. When he headed to mow the side of the yard the riding mower bit the dust for good. Now Toby is a good ol(e) Christian southern gentleman and I do mean gentleman! He is the most well mannered man I have ever met! I love him to death, he goes completely out of his way to help with anything! Poor Toby was so upset about the mower, I tried to explain to him that it was no big deal, it was old and ready to hit the dust anyway! But he was really upset about it. I was more upset or mortified that he would have to push mow the back yard. ( I had originally asked him to come watch the kids so I could mow but he would not have it!) Poor Toby pushed mowed the back yard, he had to do it in very small sections, and every time he would make some progress the mower would clog up and he would have to clean it out and start again! But it looks so much better than it did!

He won't have to do it again though, thank goodness.

This weekend is going to be a load of fun! Our good friends are coming down for the weekend! I am super excited. I love the Gospos. The great thing about them is that I don't have to entertain for them. They just come hang out, their kids and ours play together and its great. Good food, good company, and good drinks! Always a fun time! I will write more about this weekend next week.

I think I have rambled enough so we will call it a day! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment