Monday, June 7, 2010

My two ladies.

I started this post on mommies day, but it never seemed right and do justice, so i've had another crack at it.

They say that men are lucky if they have one or two good friends, but mostly have acquaintances, while women are the opposite, I do not necessarily agree with this. Although this maybe true for most women, it is definitely not true for me. I am very lucky in the fact that I SEVERAL SEVERAL friends that even after not seeing or talking to each other for long periods of time can still get together and seem like no time has passed since last being together. Those friends I would do anything for and have a blast with when I actually do get to hang out with them.

But then I have these two girlfriends that are more like sisters. I trust them with mine and my families lives. These two girls are the only two people outside of my direct family that I would trust to raise my kids should something happen to myself and Brad. I know that Brad and I would take their kids without any questions asked, in a heartbeat. I know that when we are all together, we view each others kids as our own. They would not have a problem disciplining my kids or allowing me to discipline their kiddos. We understand why we do the things the way we do. There is no questioning anything. Our beliefs and the way we raise our kids are very similar. We can just sit in the same room having nothing to say and be completely comfortable.

One of these women is my age. I met her 7 years ago, not that long in the grand scheme of things. Lets face it when we met she was a newly wed and I was getting engaged. We had just joined the army and made it through basic training, but still in training. She and I stuck together pretty much from the moment we met. I'm not sure what brought us together at first. But it's almost like we are the same dang person. We have the same obsessive tendancies, we react to situations in the same way, there is no shame in talking about ANYTHING with us. We have that comfort with our relationship that I never knew existed. Now don't get me wrong, we have definitely had our disagreements, and even a period of time that we didn't get along at all. But for some strange reason it just all the sudden ended and we were back to being like nothing ever happened. Our kids are like each others kids. I love how I can look at her and just laugh and it won't stop for hours.

My next lady, is quite a bit younger than me, by 7 years. When I first met her she was working as one of "my employees" while she was in high school. I guess we "knew" each other for about a year before I really started getting to know her. I knew her work ethic, which was not like any of the other employees that worked with us. She was hard working, kind, polite, well mannered, and just all around a great employee (person). I trusted her with the store, as she had proven to me that she was someone to be trusted. Two years ago, I really started to get to know her on a non employee level, but friend. I had to work at the strawberry festival and my then two year old daughter did not have school so I needed someone to come and keep her while I was working for that short period of time. At the time I had no one that I trusted to be with Abby outside of the family. So I felt comfortable asking this person to keep Abby since I would be able to see her the entire time. (Yes, I am and was a paranoid mom, she is still the only person that watches my babies) This was the start of everything. She was screwed then, not to mentioned trapped. We took her with us to keep Abby for two weeks in Gatlinburg while Brad and I were on annual training. I knew that I would be able to get to both of them if I was needed, and for the most part it was just a couple hours at a time. That poor girl, she was so innocent, and she spent two weeks with Brad (which she didn't know at all), my 2.5 year old, and myself which she only knew as her boss, not to mention all the crazy army friends we have. But she made it out knowing a COMPLETELY different (and maybe a little too much) side of me than she expected. She obviously was not scarred too badly, because she is still around.

This young lady has done so much for our family. She watches the kids just to play with them. Last summer when Tyler was just an infant, she would come over so that I could go to the grocery store or run errands and just play with Abby. She would never let me pay her, which was a life saver as we live on one income, but made me sad, I felt like we were abusing her. But that is how she is. She took off every wednesday so that she could come over. She would cook dinner and play for hours! She is so easy to be with, although she is much more laid back and reserved(?) than my family, she is such a blessing to me.

These two ladies have definitely had an amazing impact on my life. Both of them are very christian women that I try to mirror my life after. Both ladies are godmothers (one will be in the fall, Tyman is not yet baptized) to my kids. Both are family oriented, and willing to give up everything for the kids.

I really can not put into words what I feel about these two ladies, I just want to cry when I think about how much they have done for me. I love you both very much! You are so special to us, please don't ever forget that. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment